Community discussions

MikroTik App

reverged
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

userman auth.net return page

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:33 am

I am using um on 5.1 with auth.net and hotspot.

Is it possible to modify the page that is presented after completion of the transaction on auth.net?

The page that the browser receives is not even a proper page. It is html, but only a fragment that would be better suited as an ajax response.
It consists of a form tag and the submit. No <head> no <html> no <body>, etc.

Just:
<form action="<return url>" method=post><input type="submit" value="Return to User Manager"></form>
I have not tested this on lots of browsers, but a strict browser may have trouble with this.

Why a post is used, is unclear. There is no post data in the form. No ability to style it, override it with javacript, etc.

It seems it would be so simple to make this page available in the umfiles so that one could present a message like "Your transaction was successful" or "You have no money, go away", etc.
There isn't even the ability to modify the submit value to match the context of the return url.

If a user just signed up, they don't know what a User Manager is and they're not sure they want to go there. The default takes me to the userman and presents a Mikrotik login page. Now a user is really confused. Who is Mikrotik? Did I just get a virus? Do I try to login or run and hide?

Lastly, if the return url IS set and is non-ssl, Firefox (and perhaps IE, I did not test it) complains that the post is made to a non-ssl page. One can avoid this by simply setting "return url" to https://somedomain but then "somedomain" becomes the dst variable for the hotspot and a user goes there once logged in.

This is maddening! Either make the page available or put some logic into the flow.