Community discussions

MikroTik App

dragonlee
just joined
Topic Author

user time limit

Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 pm

dear all,
i would like to give every user a 12 hours time limit daily. i have tried to give the session 12 hours only but it will reset every login
so how to prevent the user from login again in the next 12 hours? and how can i let him use the 11 hours left if the user used 1 hour in the morning for example

thanks

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: user time limit

Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Have a look at user manager manual.

dragonlee
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm

yes i did, but i am just confused a bit
what i have done, i made an account uptime is 1 min. and i created a profile with a session timeout 2 min so i have the cycle return back after 2 min. and the refresh timeout 2min. what it happened then i login with that account but it dosnt reset the uptime again !!
it stay 1 min up and it has reached the limit.
u can check this link
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager/Limiting
it givs 2 hours for 1 week cycle . where is the option to reset the up time again for the next week?or should it be done manually?
thanks inadvance

leeming
just joined

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

Did you find the answer to this? It is exactly what I need to do, i.e. limit a user to a certain number of hours uptime per day. It's about conservation of bandwidth (developing country project).

I am also interested in having users limited to certain times of day. I should start new thread on that. But any info welcome.

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Did you find the answer to this? It is exactly what I need to do, i.e. limit a user to a certain number of hours uptime per day. It's about conservation of bandwidth (developing country project).

I am also interested in having users limited to certain times of day. I should start new thread on that. But any info welcome.
Why can't you try it on the /your ip address/userman interface - you go to profile and define your policy there. I am sure that will help you get what you want to achieve

Cheers!