Community discussions

MikroTik App

shivakrishnan
just joined
Topic Author

Time based queue mgmt

Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 pm

I am using Mikrotik as NAS server (Access gateway) with the Radius Server as 24Online to Authenticate PPPoE & Hotspot users. At authentication b/w policy assigned to a user is set properly in Mikrotik as Queue for that user.

24Online has a feature of schedule based B/w policy for users.
Does anyone knows, how time based differential queue can be assigned to users from Mikrotik, authenticated by the Radius server.

Example: in the Radius server if user 'xyz' is assigned to a package of day 1 mbps and night 2 mbps of b/w. But when authenticated in Mikrotik the queue shown is just 1 mbps

Any VSA that mentions the rate limit to be set along with time

Help needed.

asus

Re: Time based queue mgmt

Sun May 29, 2011 12:07 pm

right now it is not possible with MT usermanager thats the reason why it still sucks! you can use radius manager or something else which allows package change on the fly with api user.

asus

Sun May 29, 2011 12:22 pm

24online sucks dnt use it! its good for user management but very bad for a network you have to fully depend on other manageable switches which create vlan & seprate your network even if it is not needed. It is too risky to use such a bad software on a big network coz you may never know when u'll be f****d :D

shivakrishnan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Thnx Asus. Many said the same to me but that was too late since I'd already purchased it. Was also getting problems what my colleagues told me with 24Online. But after the use of Mikrotik along with 24Online Radius things are getting better, since flooding issues got escalated with Mikrotik and 24online currently is just doing job of AAA and till now things are going fine. I hope so.

Please update if u get any idea related to Time based differential queue with 24online Radius.

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 am

I have a same task, that need to set time based bandwidth and speed booster. I think if your clients are hotspot, you can use CoA (Change of Authorization) for to change dynamic queues without disconnect client connection. Unfortunately Mikrotik PPPoE does not support CoA. Currently I`m waiting and hope PPPoE CoA will available in next ROS version.

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Also you can change dynamic queue using script or external applocation (API).
/queue simple set numbers=[/queue simple find where name="<pppoe-TESTUSER>"] max-limit=2048k/2048k limit-at=2048k/2048k