Community discussions

MikroTik App

AlwaysLearning
just joined
Topic Author

Reports don't work,Month end customer data counters don't re

Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am

User Manager 5.2 set up as radius server. All that it is used for, is accounting and customer connections reporting of how much data is used for charging.

Issues: You can't put in a date and get a report of how much data was used over that month per customer.
If you put no dates in the reports field ( Leave Blank) it will give you a total of all the data used up and down per customer.

It doesn't reset each month. If the users log in with there user accounts details it just shows the total data used. It just gets bigger and bigger each month as time goes on.

I upgraded to version 5.2 thinking it might help, but it deleted a couple of users. I just re-entered them ok. But i did notice that when you make profiles it used to give you some options to start now and two other options. I am not sure what these were as they have now gone. It shows no drop down box now and just says starts now.

I am a bit new and not sure how this is to be set or quite what the other two options did. Is this why I can't get month by month reports out of it? Who knows what the other options were in the 5.1 user manager. If anyone has some answers please help as it is difficult to charge the customers with incorrect data.

Thanks. I have looked over the forums but may be looking in the wrong place to get the correct answer.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Reports don't work,Month end customer data counters don'

Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 am

please read the user manager section of this forum, this has been answered many times before. "starts now" option will be re-added in v5.3

AlwaysLearning
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 25, 2011 2:15 am

Thanks for the answer I will try that comand line entry. I found it in another post about start now.

My old 5.1 before it was upgraded to 5.2 was set on from first login. Now it shows "starts now". But it didn't seem to change anything. Do I have to do the command line entry before it will work.

Could you read the question carefully about the reports. The reports to tell you how much traffic and data has passed through doesn't work. If i just wanted to see how much data was used for three days it will come up blank. If i put no dates in the report it comes up with the totals for the whole 6 months. That is all it does.

I don't know what to expect as I have not used this before. Should I not be able to put in the dates for one month and just get the data and sessions usage for that month? per customer or as a whole customer base.

If I do the command line change, so it starts now on the first of this month coming will the reports work correctly from then on. Does it not work because I had it set to first login? I see in the post that this feature didn't work and that is why it was removed?

Thanks

siprox
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 am

Thanks for the answer I will try that comand line entry. I found it in another post about start now.

My old 5.1 before it was upgraded to 5.2 was set on from first login. Now it shows "starts now". But it didn't seem to change anything. Do I have to do the command line entry before it will work.

Could you read the question carefully about the reports. The reports to tell you how much traffic and data has passed through doesn't work. If i just wanted to see how much data was used for three days it will come up blank. If i put no dates in the report it comes up with the totals for the whole 6 months. That is all it does.

I don't know what to expect as I have not used this before. Should I not be able to put in the dates for one month and just get the data and sessions usage for that month? per customer or as a whole customer base.

If I do the command line change, so it starts now on the first of this month coming will the reports work correctly from then on. Does it not work because I had it set to first login? I see in the post that this feature didn't work and that is why it was removed?

Thanks
maybe Normis mean problems issued on profile start-at "now" is will affected in the reports.