MikroTik App

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Configure user-manager on remote Mikrotik router

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello,
I have 3 Hotspots on different locations and one User-manager database on a remote Location.

I have already opened ports 1812 and 1813 on the remote network with User-manager database. But do i need to configure different ports for each hotspot or will they all 3 be able to connect using same ports (1812 and 1813)?

Also is this way of remote database secure( i mean is the communication between and the passwords are they encrypted?)?

Another question i have a dynamic WAN ip on each location with ....dyndns.org on each, can i create a script that will check if the IP address has changed, and then Update User-managers setting with the new addresses of Routers(remote mikrotik hotspots) ?

Thank you

A picture is below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Configure user-manager on remote Mikrotik router

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

You do not need to use different ports. The main setup difference is in User Manager in the Routers section. It depends on the source address and the radius secret, not the port.

If you are using "login-by=http-chap" in "/ip hotspot profile", the password is MD5 encrypted in the client computer and is sent to the RADIUS server (User Manager) encrypted.

I do not know about the dynamic dns. I use static ips. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you for your help.

Do all the routers need to have the same RouterOS version? or can i have the remote Router (UM databease) with RouterOS V 5.4,

and the rest routers would stay on RouterOS 4.17. ?

Is that possible and will in this case the synchronization with UM database still work?

Thanks

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:54 pm

The User Manager version is only dependent on the RouterOS version in the router that hosts User Manager.
Your other routers with the hotspots can be any version RouterOS. The more current the better tho.

imaljko4
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 am

So each router should be another subscriber?

Or can i make a sub-customer for each router?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:01 am

The Routers section determines which source ip addresses (remote routers with hotspots) will be able to connect to User Manager.

As I recall, the destination address (the User Manager router ip address) determines the subscriber.

myjet
just joined

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:54 am

Another question i have a dynamic WAN ip on each location with ....dyndns.org on each, can i create a script that will check if the IP address has changed, and then Update User-managers setting with the new addresses of Routers(remote mikrotik hotspots) ?
You can use this script:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Dynamic_D ... behind_NAT