Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mashimoto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wanted: UM scripter for hire...

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 pm

I've tried many consultants listed on MT and Google (30+), with a very, very poor response rate.

I've had money taken without service delivered. I've found a decently responsive consultant that seems to have reached his limit.

Main issue:
1) I'm leaving next week for 2 months. I'm a one man show, so need to make sure everything is proper before I go. I mostly focus on connecting remote location to the network, while relying on RB Pros for the custom config part. It's REALLY expensive to travel back here from my home country + expensive to stay here. This is the longest I've had to leave my network due to familial reasons, which I can't break..
2) I'm in Angola, Africa. There are no domestic visa's that work internationally (Paypal option out, for locals)... There is visa here, but it ONLY works within the country (not Paypal, no online transactions). Therefore, the only way for subscribers/clients here to purchase more credit is by cash deposit in 1) hand or 2) bank.
--> I'm here about 2 months and in my home country for 1-2 months preparing for my return (equipment inventory mostly, shipping is more expensive, especially when combined with time stayed here waiting for more equipment). That's my current cycle. So for the time being when I'm not here, I need a way to still receive payment. I'm still having to pay the VSAT b/w bill after all... and, no there's no other options available where my network is, trust me I've been keeping track. I'm at the end of the world. So this eliminates cash deposit by hand, and only enables bank deposit (+ xfer).
--> As far as client's computer/web experience lvl goes where I'm serving: think of your grandma, and you'll START to get close... no joke

Looking for a new consultant, willing to take the challenge AND really really help me out to survive. This is my life after all and it's stupid expensive to travel and stay here (most expensive country in the world, look it up), what I need before I go this time is:
1) Auto-bill script (time based): for monthly subscribers - will check time total time left per account
1.1) at time t-7d: will send emailed warning about time limit approaching
1.2) at time t-2d: will send emailed warning about time limit approaching
1.3) at time t-0d + each attempted entry: will send email saying to make bank deposit (with info), to continue service
NOTE: I've tried telling them, writing notes for them, emailing them, and calling them about user stats page and error message area on the login HTML page. Nothing sticks...
2) was just informed that my previous consultant setup my hotspot solution with some things needing to be updated and others to be reconciled (filter list, + LAN IPs being used)

Anyone up for it? Should be decently quick/simple for the right person out there. Or even someone willing to try... please help me to live

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Wanted: UM scripter for hire...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 am

I am willing to take your money. 8) Just joking, what you need is a radius server. Does all the things you need and you can remotely axxess it and add, disable and so forth. Have a look at http://www.dmasoftlab.com They are reasonably priced and Viktor at support is exceptionally help full. If i only could get him to integrate that EFT gateway. :shock: EFT (Electronic fund transfer) no, not credit card. :)

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:54 pm

I am willing to take your money. 8) Just joking, what you need is a radius server. Does all the things you need and you can remotely axxess it and add, disable and so forth. Have a look at http://www.dmasoftlab.com They are reasonably priced and Viktor at support is exceptionally help full. If i only could get him to integrate that EFT gateway. :shock: EFT (Electronic fund transfer) no, not credit card. :)
ya..
i agreed with it.

go ahead with dmasoftlab and you will never regret on it.

Mashimoto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Was hoping to make the RB solution all inclusive so I can replicate with other projects and minimal equipment purchase (and transportation, can be VERY tricky here...)

I'll take a look, thanks.

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Was hoping to make the RB solution all inclusive so I can replicate with other projects and minimal equipment purchase (and transportation, can be VERY tricky here...)

I'll take a look, thanks.
bro...
in fact, mikrotik still have to focus on they core business (routing). then secondly i believe should be the wireless.

then... the UM, may be, refer to the track record... you have to look for alternative.

Mashimoto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 pm

working on it

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm

This is a once of. You will have the radius on one site with a public ip assigned to it and all your other sites can use this same router for authentication through the internet. No need for transport, except maybe the data. :)

tchus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I've been waiting (regrettably) for them to get the bugs out of UM. Meanwhile I'm still losing potential customers.
DO NOT rely on UserManager, or have anyone else try to implement if for you, if you're going in to full production mode. 2 years later and still problems. The OP was exactly right, look at the track record :(

Mashimoto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:16 pm

My experience with UM on ROS 4.16 & 5.4 hasn't been so bad (minus the hell of an upgrade from 4.16 to 5.2 & 5.3). It's not perfect, but it gets a majority of the job done.

It's unfortunate as it seems that the script to check time and send an email would be so simple for a decent scripter...

Oh well, 3rd party it is...