Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mickys
just joined
Topic Author

problemes with my usermanager

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 am

Hello everyone!
I am young student in Telecom and Networking and I am doing my first steps on Mikrotik technology. I am presently in an internship and I have to deploy an hotspot for Internet. The hotspot is already working, but using UserManager to manage user's time and bandewidth, I am faced up two problems:
1 - the connection is not disrupting when the time given a user comes to an end;
2 - it's possible to attribute several profiles to a user (eg profile1-Rx1536k; Tx1024k in the space of time 10am-01pm - profil2 Rx1024k; Tx512k in between 01pm-04pm)? In this case if it' possible, how to do for it to be automatic. because I tried it but the user must first be disconnected and then reconnected to be included in the new profile or limitation

Please can someone help me? it's urgent I have to deploy it in a few days.
Pls

eneimi

Re: problemes with my usermanager

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:15 pm

If you want userman changes occurring 'real time' then you have to enable CoA on the userman router as well as the hotspot router.

On hotspot router: /radius incoming> set accept=yes port=xxxx
On userman router: /tool user-manager router> set 0 coa-port=xxxx

That should help.

I doubt that you can assign multiple simultaneous profiles to a user, but what you can do is assign those time and data rate limitations to a profile and assign the profile to the user in question.

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: problemes with my usermanager

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:00 pm

CoA cannot switch a user from one profile to another automatically at diffrenet time of the day without logging out, a single user cannot belong to two diffrent profile at the same time, so i think you need to redesign what you want to achieve and see if it is achieveable.