Community discussions

MikroTik App

joe1981al
just joined
Topic Author

v5.6/5.7 Hide $0.00 on Signup

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm

I've been through wiki, forums, and hours and hours of digging through 5.6/5.7 of user manager. I even went back and tried 4.17 but it just way to far back in development...

My primary service is for apartment complexes and wireless users that we issue a prepaid ticket to. Thats easy, I setup a profile/limitation set for what I want and add>batch w/ password same as username and modify the login page to have a ticket page that submits the username as the username and password.

We also service surrounding apartments and open areas during tailgating/gamedays here and that is done by credit card, but all feeds back through the same router. My only hold up in my testing of Mikrotik/User-Manager is that the self signup page shows the $0.00 profile generated for my ticket users.

I've tried creating sub-customers and every profile they generate gets assigned to the parent, even when they don't have the access to edit parents profiles. The web-gui nor the CLI have the ability to change the owner of a profile, even though those sub-customers have their own settings for self signup, and payment processing.

I've tried creating two customers through CLI that have owner rights, but in that situation can't add the same router to both accounts, so that is a no go.

Why isn't there a checkbox for "enable for self-signup" instead of assuming EVERY profile is one that someone can sign themselves up for. I've seen it discussed on the forum a few times where people create profiles for special deals or cash customers then people start signing up on it...

I hope to get an answer to this so I can get through with my testing and get rid of the current ticket/bandwidth system that just can't handle the load put on it...

joe1981al
just joined
Topic Author

Re: v5.6/5.7 Hide $0.00 on Signup

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Guess since no answer I'm going with dmasoftlab radius manager and just use a RB493G w/ the level 5 license instead of having to get a level 6 for about 1800 users in user manager when only about 200-300 are online at any given time..