Community discussions

MikroTik App

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager and PPPoE Profile

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am

Need help in linking users in the usermanager to different profile created in /ppp profile.

I created about 5 diffrent profile in /ppp profile and i want users in the usermanager to be authenticated according to their profile name entered in the group but all users are automatically authenticated with the fisrt default profile only.

Anything I am missing?

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: User Manager and PPPoE Profile

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 am

Hi,
Which version do you use?

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:10 pm

interesting
I'll research tomorrow :-)

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi,
Which version do you use?
v4.17 stable!

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 pm

If the users are created in the winbox under /ppp secret and the profile is selected, it works but from the usermanager, alas! it uses only one profile for all. Creating users in the user manager is ideal as one get the users usage record as long the users is still in the database unlike in the winbox where record of users online session's are not kept.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm using user-manager on 5.6 and nothing wrong with user profile although there are so many differences between 4.17 and 5.6
But I remember I had work with 4.x user manager before and nothing wrong with profiles and limitation I think.
Actually I can't remember enough details from 4.x

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm using user-manager on 5.6 and nothing wrong with user profile although there are so many differences between 4.17 and 5.6
But I remember I had work with 4.x user manager before and nothing wrong with profiles and limitation I think.
Actually I can't remember enough details from 4.x
The question is: When you create users intended for pppoe authentication in the usermanager, do you specify group name (profile) for that users? If yes, do you have more than one profile in /ppp profile? If all is yes and it is working fine, let us know and we upgrade.
ppp profile.pdf
Users created with home, night group are all being authenticated under the pppoe-premium profile!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 pm

You see In 5.6 , user manger have profile and limitation
profile.png
limitation.png
I have these profiles and add limitations to them. while creating users just choose the profile.

the only problem that I have seen in this version is REPORTS. see http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54378
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 pm

This works fine because both the profile and limitations are created in the user manager unlike in the older version where profile and limitations has to be created in the winbox! I will run 5.6 on a test system, study it first before deploying it because it really look a bit different. Thanks for your effort and time.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

It's the thing we do in Mikrotik forum. :D
Good luck my friend

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 am

This works fine because both the profile and limitations are created in the user manager unlike in the older version where profile and limitations has to be created in the winbox! I will run 5.6 on a test system, study it first before deploying it because it really look a bit different. Thanks for your effort and time.
I've test.
1. create pppoe-server different profile & interface
2. in radius I selected hotspot,ppp than copy and input domain

it work fine. but if without selected hotspot we can't, I do'nt why?

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I've test.
Did you create multiple pppoe server under /ppp pppoe server selecting diffrent profile for diffrenet server? or which profile did you select as your default profile under the server?
pppoe.gif

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:43 pm

I've test.
Did you create multiple pppoe server under /ppp pppoe server selecting diffrent profile for diffrenet server? or which profile did you select as your default profile under the server?
pppoe.gif
yup, I do

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 pm

It work fine. but if just pppoe without hotspot I can't, I don't why?

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Gud, your setup uses users created in the winbox, that works fine with me too but users created in the user manager is the problem, in mine case, i dont want any clients to authenticate on hotspot, so i dont need the second rule in the radius! Can you try users from the userman by specifying the profile "bb-el..." and another user with "default" in the group respectively? let them authenticate on the same interface, they will both authenticate on the same interface. try it and see!

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 am

Gud, your setup uses users created in the winbox, that works fine with me too but users created in the user manager is the problem, in mine case, i dont want any clients to authenticate on hotspot, so i dont need the second rule in the radius! Can you try users from the userman by specifying the profile "bb-el..." and another user with "default" in the group respectively? let them authenticate on the same interface, they will both authenticate on the same interface. try it and see!
ok, tomorrow I'll show. I can't show now becouse location bb-electric 1km from here.
I'll test in my other mikrotik RB750 & show to you, few 1 hours

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:06 am

I remember one of mikrotik support this forum (if not mr.normis/sergej/janisk said usermanager multiple gateway).
So this is screenshot my test, I hope you are satisfied.

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 am

one againt this traffic screen shot
Thx to mikrotik support this forum (sergej,normis,janisk), I've idea from them :-). Really mikrotik just not router but mikrotik is SUPER ROUTER :-)

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:08 am

oia...I'm forget, if same interface you can't do that except create vlan in your interface>>>trunk link to switch manageable like RB250GS >> your access point.
if you choice different interface I already show in screen shot test my RB750,thx

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 am

I see! Thanks for your support, I might have to do with local user in winbox for the main time!