Community discussions

MikroTik App

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

User Manager Alternativs, what you use in routed WISP?

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi

What do you guys use instead user manger? and how that works in routing isp environment?
Looks like User Manager Was designed for Bridged WISP/ISPs. Can

Can it work with multi hotspot on the same IP?

thanks for any suggestins/advises

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: User Manager Alternativs, what you use in routed WISP?

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Can it work with multi hotspot on the same IP?

[/quote]
Like this?

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 pm

is your user manager and hotspots on the same hardware/box? They look on the same IP address.

Anyway.

Let say i am a potential customer and i see you have hot spot service in the neighborhood. i see free broadcast SSIDs
from you AP. Service 1 ( 1Mbit), Service 2 (2 Mbits) , and Service 3 (3 Mbs). I signed up with service 1. OK? ( without going to details),

Now i can log in to service 1 or 2, or 3 with the same user name and password, because auto signeup let say with Paypal or others, uses default profile when signing up new customers, and since all hotspots use the same User Manager for AAA they will get the same Speed.

I tried this configuration with 2 MT Boxes one for Hotspot the other for UserManager ( Radius Server )

I don't know how to get this to work in mid size routed W/ISP have to get 2 extra MT boxes and test, and test, maybe i will try PPP links or something like that, New to this thou.

I don't want to offer people only one service package. ex 1Mbps

in this case 1Mbps.

So now you probably want to create 3 Subscribers ( 3 User Managers ) on the same box. that will be configure with "add Routers " router ips for each hotspot.

The problem i had was i could not just assign extra IP to interface for each new created hotspot.

on the same subnet, let say the interface that connects to other MT router that has User Manager on it with IP 192.168.2.2, on the other side IP: 192.168.2.1 . So, i can not just assign 192.168.2.3 ,,3. end x.x.x.4 to this interface and add these IP in each User Manager accordingly. This way done, the Mikrotik Box pick the first created User Manager a defult and tries to authenticat Hotspot Radius client with this default Subscriber ( User Manager ).

But i want each Radius Client to talk to its own Radius Server ( User Manager ) for each own hotspot.

The only way i managed to do this was to create seperate Networks for each Hotspot 192.168.22.1/24 x.x.33.1 ,
x.x.44.1/24 and x.x.55.1 , and x.x.22.2 x.x.33.2 etc. on User. Man. ( Radius Server ), and than and routes ip in each user manager ( Radius Servers ) it worked.

Now i can sign up differently. Each hotspot offers different speed when signing up. :)

Is there a was to make it easer? maybe with ppp client/server , any hint ideal is wellcome

thx

bambangs2komputer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

If you known bahasa indonesia this usefull,bcouse my teacher wrote www.forummikrotik.com/showthread.php/21 ... -ROS-V5.12