Community discussions

MikroTik App

nickb
Topic Author

ROS/UM v5.9 - Self Signup URL?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:59 am

I read in the documentation thread about how the UM product has been abandoned (sad, really, it has so much potential to be such a great platform component along side RouterOS). Thus, I can understand the complete absence of documentation for the v5 version of UM - as frustrating as that might be.

I've managed to muddle through and get the system set up; and my hotspot (on the same router) can authenticate users which I've manually entered into the system.
  • "Signup Allowed" is checked under Settings/Signup tab
  • "Signup Allowed" is checked under the Customer Details
  • There are multiple full price profiles set up under the customer
  • The customer has a PublicID configured
  • I'm not sure if it's required, but the correct "Public Host" is set
  • The Authorize.net Payment Gateway is configured and enabled
My question is this:

What URL do I need to direct unauthenticated hotspot clients to, to allow them to sign up for a new account in the UM?

According to the documentation this url should be http://routerip/user?signup=publicID however when I try this URL, even from a station that is not behind the hotspot interface, I am simply directed to the primary User Manager login screen (not the signup screen).

Thanks in advance!

jcem
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ROS/UM v5.9 - Self Signup URL?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:04 am

I read in the documentation thread about how the UM product has been abandoned (sad, really, it has so much potential to be such a great platform component along side RouterOS). Thus, I can understand the complete absence of documentation for the v5 version of UM - as frustrating as that might be.

I've managed to muddle through and get the system set up; and my hotspot (on the same router) can authenticate users which I've manually entered into the system.
  • "Signup Allowed" is checked under Settings/Signup tab
  • "Signup Allowed" is checked under the Customer Details
  • There are multiple full price profiles set up under the customer
  • The customer has a PublicID configured
  • I'm not sure if it's required, but the correct "Public Host" is set
  • The Authorize.net Payment Gateway is configured and enabled
My question is this:

What URL do I need to direct unauthenticated hotspot clients to, to allow them to sign up for a new account in the UM?

According to the documentation this url should be http://routerip/user?signup=publicID however when I try this URL, even from a station that is not behind the hotspot interface, I am simply directed to the primary User Manager login screen (not the signup screen).

Thanks in advance!
- for UM5 use
http(s)://routerip/user/signup/hotspot

nickb
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:13 am

Thanks very much for your prompt and accurate response. That URL does indeed go to the signup form!

nickb
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:29 am

The next logical question that comes from this is: "Can I customize the HTML of the signup page?"

The answer is: Yes, you can find the files in the filesystem of the router in the directory "umfiles". Note the "signup.html", "signup_pay_form.html", and "style.css" documents - those are what you'll want to look at.

This post was made for the people coming on this thread in searches....