Community discussions

MikroTik App

nspotorno
Topic Author

UM 5.7 not showing active users

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello,

On the web interface of the UM, active users are not being showed, actually the count is 0 (zero), when we know, and we can see 24 active users connected through winbox.
Images attach, this captures where taken at the same moment.

5.7 running on X86
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cylent

Re: UM 5.7 not showing active users

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

how funny. :lol: :lol:

posted jan 24th and today is march 8th. still no reply.

this is very awful from mikrotik.

still though the answer is its probably a bug. log out, log back in and it shows users.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 am

hello all,
I am having the same peoblem as indicated above, but let us also look at the session time in winbox, as posted by nspotorno, it is not showing meaning somwthing is wrong b/w user-man and winbox.

Another issue i have been encounteing is that assuming you create a 1hr time for a user, the user on loggin out even after his time has not finished, it will display profile <user> not found. this will make me to go n recreate the time/account for the user.This is very bad for us as we are loosing the confidence we have from our clients

What is actually the problem? If there is any good configurations from anyone who is using user-manager version 5.x above, to please post his configurations here, so that we can us and compare with ours. We have hotspot and user-manager in the same box.

Thanks

rbeta
just joined

Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

UM is a nasty, horrible piece of work. So much so that Mikrotik staff don't dare venture into the forum.

thantoldo
just joined

Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 pm

nspotorno did you login at usermanager as the user (customer) who is the owner of the active users? Sessions show up only to the owner of these users.

I'd like to be able to selecet which customers see the users, sessions, etc of other customers.
For example, a read only customer could be used by the hotel reception and a read write customer at the IT guy of that hotel without having to give out the admin account and all permissions.

Regards,
Thanos