Community discussions

MikroTik App

szreku
just joined
Topic Author

Usermanager - when it will work as v4

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

I have moved from UM 4.17 Up to 5.13? be cause this was the first version supporting adding via cmd limitations and profiles.

First I would like to know when reports will work just like in 4.17 where they simply : worked.

I cannot create normal report of earned money - from 2 months I recieve the same generated view with the same users - "new" used premium accounts simply doesn't appear in reports.

Next is how to transfer data from old UM to v5 - i have worked some time and I have moved sessions and logs from v4 to v5 but despite I have moved that data, the used accounts became active - I can even start it manually but with script - not by mouse

Does anybody have any scripts generating informations or for movment from v4 to v5 ?

I need v5 be cause of SSTP VPN but the same router is USER MANAGER database and the change is connected

ps. AND WHY in price column un users price i twice higher than in limitations?

aysan

Re: Usermanager - when it will work as v4

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 am

I am having the so many problems with UM v5.x.

I need to use UM 5.x beacuse of some good features like caller id binding. New routerboard models doesn't support v4.x (RB1200, RB750GL etc.) so i need to use old models.

But there's so many bugs at UM v5.x and Mikrotik guys so quite on this subject. Everday I am searching forum but still couldn't find solutions.

szreku
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Usermanager - when it will work as v4

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am

so question to Mikrotik Team, why UM is treated so badly? I know that there is many other bugs but spending some time on UM surely will make mikrotik admins more happy.

The very first thing is a bridge to move from v4 up to v5, I remember very first editions of v5UM where people where writing things like " all workers at my company are manually moving 10000 accounts from v4 to v5 - DON'T migrate if you can "
UMv5 have variety of new functions, but I'm begging you - make the functionality of v5 at least on level of v4 and later focus on new one.

I have manually moved from v4 to v5 with usage of excel and split and merge functions - but still it isn't the same as fluent migration - simply why new UM does not work with OLD database? marketing? that wrong way...