Community discussions

MikroTik App

sette
just joined
Topic Author

"Reduced" version of UserManager

Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am

Hi all,
I'm setting up an hotspot for an hotel, until today I've always used coova + freeradius + mysql.
Now I want to setup the same things with mikrotik, I've configured an RB450G with hotspot feature, usermanager and all is working great.
Now my questions:
- Is it possible to create a simple page in http://hotspot/userman with one-click action: "Add new user and print voucher", this page has to be similary to "generate" page but when I click ok it has to open the generated voucher.
- Is it possible to register name, surname, and one note field when I create a new user?

ps: If you give me information about html page of userman i would happy an i could start looking them.

Thank you a lot!

Denis

pjulian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: "Reduced" version of UserManager

Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

You could achieve this by creating a HTML, Perl, or PHP page/scripts which use the API to create the user or you could use a MySQL database and Freeradius as a back-end and do it all with Perl or PHP easily.

You could also just use a website anywhere and use Perl or PHP to grab the details out of a HTML page and then FTP a file which can be created on the fly to the usermanager box, run a script on that box to import the file every minute or something, you just format the line in the file like you would enter the command to create the user from the terminal screen.

We have a complicated system which we use for our clients to create users on the fly by specifying parameters in a HTTP GET command which automatically authenticates them so we don't just let anybody create users, then it uses a CGI backend to create the user, set upload/download limits, upload/download speeds, etc, all instantly, then the user just hits the hotspot login page and uses the details which they supplied.

This is all using a CGI backend and MySQL database for user auth and radius with freeradius, any basic hotspot users we just use preprinted cards with username and password and they get auth'd against a usermanager box.

Regards
Paul

sette
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Thank you for your reply,
but is there no way to use existing html page of usermanager and change behavior of a button?

thanks in advance

pjulian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 am

I don't believe you can change the usermanager pages at all, you could get the HTML code and re-craft a new page that looked similar I suppose, but you would have to run it on an external webserver which might not work as expected though.

Paul

neticted
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

I am trying to make similar thing to work for years and did not make it. Mikrotik is not meant to be used as solo device. For some reason it must depend on additional server.

There is possibility to run virtual machine and run OpenWRT or something to get server running on the same device, but virtualization on Mikrotik is unstable to the level of being unusable, and also requires lots of resources, especially if you need http server or even radius.

So, having single independent RouterBoard with hotspot which also allows very simple interface to create access accounts is unlikely to happen.

rahulmkhj
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I guess, I can suggest a much easier solution for this. Check http://accessmanager.in . It offers a complete registration form for demographic inputs including name, address, phone number, email address & a few more.. I hope it help.

Btw.. Its free.

tchus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:32 am

Tried signing up for your Access Manager.
Something wrong with your html/form on the signup page.
Won't allow one to "select city".

Or are you just not finished?
I'd like to give it a go. Got a few hotspots, been beat up badly by MT usermanger.
would love to try something new.

Well, haven't hear back from these guys. Nor could I get their site to work.
Don't waste your time.
They're not doing anything further.
hmmmm, sounds a lot like MT and Usermanager.