Community discussions

MikroTik App

muxure
just joined
Topic Author

Simultanious session problem

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Hello Tik Peoples,

I have an interesting problem occuring on my network, it might well be the way i have set the router up. I seem to be getting duplicate user sessions in the usermanager from the same users. The problem here, is that when the user's connection drops as they do from time to time, the session is not dropped in the user manager. Because it is creating two sessions the customer's 2 sumultaneous sessions are used up and the customer cannot reconnect.

I am running an RB450G at the tower in question, and it has two ubiquity bridges back to my office where the core network is located. I think the cause of this is possibly to do with the OSPF configuation, maybe the radius request is being received over one links, but the radius reply is routing via the second link.

I have attached a PDF with a basic topology and addressing to help build a better picture of the layout here.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skordan
just joined

Re: Simultanious session problem

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm

You shoul check if you have admin mac entered on brigded interfaces ..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muxure
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Simultanious session problem

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 pm

I dont have any bridges on the routers at the tower, only a loopback interfaces for OSPF to work correctly.

In my Userman config i had two addresses added for the same router, one for each of the links from my core network to remote site, as i assumed Userman would need to know to accept requests from either route. I have disabled one of the addresses now and the problem seems to have gone away.

My only concern here is that if at any point the link fails that the radius requests come accross, the usermanager will not know to accept requests from the interface on the secondary link?

What is the best practice here?