Community discussions

MikroTik App

iqt
just joined
Topic Author

User Manager Limitations

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello,

I try to give timed access to the internet via Hotspot/User Manager. Setup with MAC login and an empty profile is working.

Problems arise with the limitations. (The Wiki does not document this feature :( )
/tool user-manager profile limitation
add address-list="" download-limit=0B group-name="" ip-pool=LAN name=LocalNet owner=\
    admin transfer-limit=0B upload-limit=0B uptime-limit=0s

/tool user-manager profile profile-limitation
add from-time=20h limitation=LocalNet profile=Local_R till-time=23h59m59s weekdays=\
    sunday,monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday,saturday
Profile Local_R (with restriction to LAN access only from 20:00 to midnight) is then attached to the user.

And now the following happens (out of the log entries):
Login before 20:00: access denied at this time --> but I didn't set any limitations before 20:00
Login after 20:00 is working (as expected) but at midnight User Manager is sending a Disconnect-Request 6 and removes the profile from the user.

Could anybody please explain how to use the Profile Limitations functionality - incl. periods - correctly and update the Wiki.

Thanks Dirk

bluemoon
just joined

Re: User Manager Limitations

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 am

You will be lucky if you get a solution here :)

I have almost the same issue. My time based limitation not working at all. I set my time limitation from 21:00 to 6:59:59 but I am unable to login during this time and I am getting access denied error and no one knows the solution.

indnti
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: User Manager Limitations

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi

[quote="iqt"]
Login after 20:00 is working (as expected) but at midnight User Manager is sending a [b]Disconnect-Request 6[/b] and [u]removes[/u] the profile from the user.
[/quote]

Same problem here - after the limitation time is reached, the profile is removed but shown as active.
We try to limit access and uptime from 16:00 till 22:00 but sometimes the profile is lost, sometimes not. By now we can't find a reason or any regularity.
See the screenshots.

[attachment=0]um1.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]um2.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.