Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pilgrim
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

basic start up setting - sample setup

Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:13 pm

I got my routerboard / mikrotik soft 6 months ago and I am still struggling with the basic set up. I think I got as far as getting all the interfaces (1 wan + 4 lan (bridge)) and the basic routing / masqurade nat set up correctly - at leat it works. I am stucked on building up a good firewall.

Is it possible that to find - or someone would share a standard set up with me e.g. for a typically household router. Where all the standard ports like mail etc. are open and e.g. with FTP forwarded to an internal IP. I have of course studied the manuel, but the features of the router is almost endless and I always end up with more questions than answers. The best way for me to learn would be to see a working set up.

Best regards

Bjarne

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: basic start up setting - sample setup

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:39 pm

I got my routerboard / mikrotik soft 6 months ago and I am still struggling with the basic set up. I think I got as far as getting all the interfaces (1 wan + 4 lan (bridge)) and the basic routing / masqurade nat set up correctly - at leat it works. I am stucked on building up a good firewall.

Is it possible that to find - or someone would share a standard set up with me e.g. for a typically household router. Where all the standard ports like mail etc. are open and e.g. with FTP forwarded to an internal IP. I have of course studied the manuel, but the features of the router is almost endless and I always end up with more questions than answers. The best way for me to learn would be to see a working set up.

Best regards

Bjarne
Go to the mikrotik wikie, has very good exampled of how to put a firewall on your system. Go up to FAQ and examples and go to the firewall area i beleive... Just looks around in the wikie and many good examples of how to do these things. -Jordan