Community discussions

MikroTik App

namo
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Resume Capability in hotspot?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 pm

I have Mikrotik v4.11 with hotspot on 40GB harddrive intel PC.
when I put file in hotspot and download it, I notice that the download manager says that file has no resume capability. When the connection drops, I have to download it again.

How Can I upload file in Mikrotik server and when I give a link for the user, it will have resume Capability?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Resume Capability in hotspot?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:48 pm

You cannot, that's a function implemented by the web server. You'd have to make a feature request for Mikrotik to rewrite their web servlet.

However, Hotspots are NOT web servers. They are not designed to host large files for clients to download. If you need a web server, run a web server.

namo
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

You cannot, that's a function implemented by the web server. You'd have to make a feature request for Mikrotik to rewrite their web servlet.

However, Hotspots are NOT web servers. They are not designed to host large files for clients to download. If you need a web server, run a web server.
How can I run web server in Mikrotik. I want one just for the hotspot users not for outside users

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

MetaROUTER or KVM running a virtual machine that is a completely separate OS. Look them up on the wiki.