Community discussions

MikroTik App

DBob
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Netinstall of RB112, RouterOS 5.4 to 2.9.51 -> license lost!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi all!

I've got some serious problem.
I got a second handy RB112 and just downgraded from RouterOS 5.4 to 2.9.51 via netinstall.
It worked, but I've got this message in serial terminal:
ERROR: installation of routeros-rb500-2.9.51 failed: broken package
Netinstall tool didn't showed anything. I've tried this several time, with the same package, from different sources..but not that is my problem anyway (it seems to working good).

While updating, the software-id is XXXX-XXXX, from terminal and netinstall tool also. After reboot, it changed to XXXX-YYY, but the key remained the same. Of course, these don't match to each other, so RouterOS says, I've got less then 24H to get a proper license.
Because I DO have a proper license, but the software-id is changing after netinstall every time, to XXXX-YYY.

What can I do? :?

Mod: according to this, this issue about the 7 vs. 8 symbol ID. 2.9.51 only support 7 symbol ID. Is there any way, to convert my key back to 7 symbol ID? Just as 7 symbol keys were converted to 8 symbol.

Mod2: managed to recover, from flash backup :D
Thx :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Netinstall of RB112, RouterOS 5.4 to 2.9.51 -> license l

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 am

why fix what aint broken? what was the reason to downgrade from a new working version to something more than 3 years old?

if you encounter key problems, always email support.

DBob
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Netinstall of RB112, RouterOS 5.4 to 2.9.51 -> license l

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 pm

I've got this board used.

The seller put 5.4 on it, but not used it anymore. With v5.4, RB112 makes 50% CPU load idle.
Most people said on this forum, significant behavior is, that mipsle devices slowing down from each, newer and newer RouterOS.

Now I got around 0-2% CPU load at idle...the way it used to be :)