Community discussions

MikroTik App

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Simple que no traffic passing anywhere

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:31 am

have a basic 4.17 750, with transparent proxy setup.

simple queue does not work period. i get no traffic period. i tried to log wan/lan ip/ip range

is there a walk through on this? i don't understand why i don't see traffic, when the interface tab shows traffic moving?

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Simple que no traffic passing anywhere

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 am

appears to be a bug, in 4.17 some form of limiting must be set for traffic to show up

i set to 400M and everything started showing up

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 am

It's not a bug. It's documented clearly in the manual:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Qu ... ple_Queues
If all properties of a queue have default values (no set limits, queue type is default), and queue has no children, then it is not actually created. This way, for exanple, creation of global-total queues can be avoided if only upload/download limitation is used.
You need to set one non-default property for a simple queue to be created. The simplest thing to do is to set limit-at to the physical interface speed (100M or 1G).

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:57 am

It's not a bug. It's documented clearly in the manual:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Qu ... ple_Queues
If all properties of a queue have default values (no set limits, queue type is default), and queue has no children, then it is not actually created. This way, for exanple, creation of global-total queues can be avoided if only upload/download limitation is used.
You need to set one non-default property for a simple queue to be created. The simplest thing to do is to set limit-at to the physical interface speed (100M or 1G).
I don't have a 750G, i don't see that option in the simple queue interface where do i set it?

i changed one of the upload limits, then only uploads started showing, then i made a change on the dl limits, then that started showing?

?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:15 am

I'm not sure what a 750G has to do with this.

Simple queues with all default values aren't actually installed - that's what the manual says. You need to have at least one non-default value for them to do anything.

The easiest thing to do that and still not have them limit anything (so you can use them for accounting purposes only, as you're saying you're trying to do) is to set rate limit of the queue - the limit-at parameter - for both upload and download to the speed of the physical interface the simple queue is tied to. I'm assuming you're using a wired interface, and RouterBOARDs have wired interface at either 100Mbps or 1Gbps. Set the limit-at parameter for both upload and download to whatever your interface physically supports.

I hope that's more clear.