Community discussions

MikroTik App

mavi
just joined
Topic Author

NAT forwards for all interfaces - problems other servers

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi,

I have added a NAT to enable incoming tcp ports from the internet to be forwarded to an internal address and it works fine but I have several servers using the same ports and those server are on the internet - the problem is that the NAT rule forwards all requests to the specified ports to the internal address when I am on the internal network so whatever server I am trying to connect to using port 4280 connects to the internal server...

So, did I do wrong or what can I do to resolve this.

The NAT rule:
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-port=4280-4286 protocol=tcp to-addresses=192.168.77.245 to-ports=4280-4286

I have tried to specify the incoming interface but when I do that the ports won't open - should I add a Filter Rule?

The server using 192.168.77.245 is sitting on a switch port in the router and all switch ports are bridged.

Thanks,
Mats

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: NAT forwards for all interfaces - problems other servers

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:34 pm

You need to limit destination address for this rule, because as it is now, it matches packets going to *any* address. If you have static public address on router, use dst-address=<address>. If not, then use dst-address-type=local.

mavi
just joined
Topic Author

Re: NAT forwards for all interfaces - problems other servers

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 am

Thanks Sob - that worked like a charm.

Five stars and a beer when in Yonkers!

Thanks,
Mats