Community discussions

MikroTik App

hyp3R
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Routing Question - Help

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Hello there. Yesterday I had to configure another board for a location on the network.

Board is connecting directly to your central and my question is if my routing is fine.

My Omni antena is 10.12.1.1 with network 10.12.1.0
and my ospf is area 12,

link ip address is 10.0.1.7...

I've recently became an admin in this company and still getting familiar with the network which was already isntalled...

The problem here is that users can log into hotspot (radiusmanager is accessable as well), they log into system and they can ping the main location of the network but there's no internet...

I m sure the problem is about routing, just don't know where...
Maybe instead of adding address 10.0.1.7 I should have added something with 10.0.1.24 ?

Please help...
(check the attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Routing Question - Help

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:42 pm

That just shows a bunch of OSPF routes, which are impossible to troubleshoot for you without a detailed network diagram.

However, that is somewhat likely to not be related to clients not getting out to the Internet.

A) what default gateway are clients given?
B) what default gateway does the router that implements the client's default gateway have in turn?
C) what NAT happens where and do all routers in the chain have a route back to whatever IP they perceive the client to have at that point in the chain?

Figure those out and you will see if there is a routing problem. If you can't you have to post as much in regard to those questions as you can.

hyp3R
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Basically here is the thing. The new location we've installed, I simply followed the route list and added 10.0.1.7 to it since I didn't notice it's taken. Same with Area12. Since I've noticed the latest on the list is 10.11.x.x I figured out 10.12.x.x is the next one.

I have checked FIREWALL under IP in WinBox. No firewall rules (like forward hotspot address etc) which is not necessary anyway and NAT tab is empty as well.

When it comes to OMNI antena, gateway there is 10.12.1.1 with network 10.12.1.0.

Like I said, everything looks good, they can log in but can't access internet for some unknown reason.
I have to mention when I open this location with winbox, under the route list my address 10.12.1.0, there's another
copy of it below in red text saying DIO 10.12.1.0.

I've attached another screenshot of the whole network, not sure if it will help.
And if you could in a bit hard way ask me the questions you already did :)... Like, check there, click here and such. Would be really thankful.

Best wishes,
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Sorry, I just don't think that is adequately solved via the forum. I think you should hire a consultant.

But maybe someone else here can help you out.