Community discussions

MikroTik App

mihaimikrotik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Problem in route filters

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello, there is an issue regarding route filters. If some route filters are added by using a script which uses "place-before"

Like this
/routing filter add chain=CHAIN prefix=$MY_VAR action=accept place-before=0;

Then the route filters stop working right. If we add a new rule somewhere inside the rule filters, we have to place a passthrough rule after it, otherwise it will not be taken into consideration in the BGP announcements. Even so, nothing happens (the prefix is not announced) untill we disable the passthrough rule and then enable it again. Can somebody check this out and confirm if it is a bug?

We are using v4.16

blake

Re: Problem in route filters

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Could you post your filter rules?

Also, you may just need to refresh or re-send your routes after a filter update.
/routing bgp peer resend-all
/routing bgp peer refresh-all
You can also perform refresh and resend a single peer basis by using 'resend <peer name or number>'

mihaimikrotik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Problem in route filters

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes, I am doing periodic refresh using a script but the problem is in the fact that when scripts are involved which insert rules before a certain number, that number does not get updated on the first change, it gets updated on the second change and stays behind by a factor of -1. So that does not fix the problem as the rule is ignored.

I've found that placing a passthrough rule after a rule i've inserted will make ROS take into consideration the previous inserted rule, but that is one nasty bug.