Community discussions

MikroTik App

b2xtechincal
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF, VLAN distribution

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:05 pm

I have an OSPF issue or I am I doing it the wrong way. We have 27 MT routers and they all are connected via OSPF. The border routers are BGP linked with iBGP and one MT router connecting them together with the OSPF network. The default GW is assigned on the edge router and weighted for failover. We are using 4.9 on all routers.

My problem, we had to expand one of routers distribution point and send it via a wireless link to another switch located 5 miles off site. We used a wireless bridge to accomplish the task. We usually configure our routers for the local customers distribution to have a public IP class, a private IP class, and a DHCP private IP class (NATed). This gives us the ability to provide any one of the 3 IP types to our customers depending on their needs. This works well with our system design. With the off site connection I put it on another interface that has another IP class on it and want to use a switch to vlan the customers off.

Ether1 – normal customer interface
10.30.20.x/24 Private IP
10.20.20.x/24 Private DHCP (NATed)
111.111.111.128/26 Public

Ether5 – Wireless Bridge
10.251.20.x/29

VLAN3
10.200.20.x/24 Port ether5

We want to create a VLAN and TAG the out going traffic for the customers VLAN3.
I created Vlan3 – 10.200.20.x/24 tagid=3. We VLANed a switch with 3 VLANs and 2 trunk ports.

SWITCH
Ports 1-8 vlan1, untagged, and admin
Ports 9-12 vlan2
Ports 13-16 vlan3
Ports 17-18 trunk

The switch works fine with vlan configuration. The MT connected works fine. Ether5 connected to trunk. The wireless bridge extends to additional offsite location on Port 1 with no tagging.

I tried to create a bridge with the VLAN3 and ether1 and the router stopped passing all traffic. I removed the bridge and traffic started passing. I was then going to setup the VLAN3 like Ether1 with new IPs and let OSPF distribute them but OSPF did not see the IPs assigned to the VLAN. They were in the route table and showing active, dynamic, connected. The routes assigned to the VLAN were not listed in the OSPF Route table.

Any ideas on the OSPF issue or how to possible bridge Ether1 and VLAN3 together or something similar?

Thanks in advance.