Community discussions

MikroTik App

Luth
Topic Author

ethernet vlan don't working with mpls/ospf loopback int conf

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi All,
I have alredy posted question in RouterOS Community Support [General], but if the issue is related on ospf/mpls this forum shuld be the correct place to post.

I'm trying to setup this scenario:

Cisco Catalyst Switch with ethernet port in trunk wich allow some vlan (vland id are 10, 50, 51 ecc.)
In this port trunk I have connected the ether1 of rb411 of side A
On this rb411 i have defined vlan interface with proper vlan id on the interface ether1
then there is a wireless link setup based on station from side A ed ap bridge in the side B
on the side B I have another rb411 with ether1 connected in another switch port with same trunk configuration.

When I configure in the rb411 ospf routing (necessary to setup mpls in according to reading http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MPLSVPLS# ... s_for_MPLS) ospf and mpls work fine but from the ethernet level I can't see (and ping!) ip address assigned to vlan interface (for testing pourpouse I have assigned ip addresses of the correct vlan subnets to all vlan interface) from other pc connected to the same switch (side a) but in a access vlan port.

What is wrong?

I would like to transport vlan's over mpls network to connect them to specific vpls to obtain:
-one mpls cloud
-vpls1 for wisp services to sell internet connectivity to customer that connect in 5ghz to our ap's
-vplsA for customer A that need point-multipoint connectivity in MAN (covered by mpls cloud)
-vplsB for customer B...
-vpls mgm for management of all network (including Dude, winbox visibility ecc. ecc.)

Thanks in advance and best regards.
Luciano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: ethernet vlan don't working with mpls/ospf loopback int

Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 am

hi,

why is there no reply to this query??

i am facing same problem.

only VLAN's connected to the link from Point A to Point B can communicate with each other.

other VLAN's are not able to see the Wireless Link.

need to know a workaround solution for this issue.... and urgent.

normis your help would be highly appreciated....

-sid

Luth
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2012 12:44 am

Hi i have changed my design scenario so in my production environment I don't have needs of my previous question.
By the way tray to have look to http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Vlans_on_ ... nvironment

bye

saintofinternet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun May 27, 2012 5:28 am

hi luth,

thanks man, for the info.

can you guide me to any help on VLAN communication over wireless link (5Ghz) Point to Point.

the problem is that the link just communicates between the physically connected network. other vlans on the same subnet are not able to communicate through the link.

-sid

Luth
Topic Author

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 am

hi luth,

thanks man, for the info.

can you guide me to any help on VLAN communication over wireless link (5Ghz) Point to Point.

the problem is that the link just communicates between the physically connected network. other vlans on the same subnet are not able to communicate through the link.

-sid
In wireless try to set AP Bridge for the ap side e station wds from client side. You will able to transport all vlan and form other side you can use bridge to connect vlan to proper destination.

I hope this help.

bye,
Luciano