MikroTik App

happydaddy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

ospf and load balance 2 dsl's in different locations

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi

I run a wireless ospf network and i have one 4Meg dsl's + radius server in one location and a 1 Meg Dsl in a different location on my network. Currently i use ospf to distribute my default routes as type 1. This works fine but i want it to be able to do load balancing on the entire wireless network. Is this possible? Is there a wiki guide i can follow.

Thanks in advance

Sanity
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: ospf and load balance 2 dsl's in different locations

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:36 am

Hi

I run a wireless ospf network and i have one 4Meg dsl's + radius server in one location and a 1 Meg Dsl in a different location on my network. Currently i use ospf to distribute my default routes as type 1. This works fine but i want it to be able to do load balancing on the entire wireless network. Is this possible? Is there a wiki guide i can follow.

Thanks in advance
I think you are out of luck - load balancing in itself is not easy, but across a wireless network you basically are toast. This is really complex. Normally load balancing is used to somehow balance similar "length" connections.

happydaddy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: ospf and load balance 2 dsl's in different locations

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:26 am

Is there a script that could check pings to Google and reroute internet traffic to the 4 meg adsl? Perhaps the script could make the cost higher on one interface to change its direction?