Community discussions

MikroTik App

harisagars
Topic Author

any body help user to restrict user 30 days

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello Every body i need help from you guys

Actually i am running a Small ISP in India . I am running radius 24 online server for bandwidth restriction and billing. so i need help to limit customer for 30days in mikrotik if it is possible please give solution .for billing i.e for user expiry for 30 days

Thaks in Advance

Regards
Hari

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: any body help user to restrict user 30 days

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:00 pm

That is a function of the RADIUS server, not the RADIUS client (the router). The most reasonable approach is to have an expiration date on the account on the RADIUS server. The RADIUS server only allows logins when the expiration date is in the future, and serves the client the timeout attribute on login, which is set to the number of seconds until the expiration date. That way the client knows to log the user out at the expiration date, and if the user tries to log in again, the attempt fails because the account is expired.

However, all that takes place on the RADIUS server, so you should ask your server vendor for support on how to implement that.

imrankosi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

hi, why you want to block the client after 30 day your 24 online will also block him from login . or you can use mikrotik usermanager and hot spot for billing and bandwith purpose . and its good you d't neet to pay for amc for your server . and it is good even ques will be created dynamically.

hansin
just joined

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:54 pm

use our radius server

Hello Every body i need help from you guys

Actually i am running a Small ISP in India . I am running radius 24 online server for bandwidth restriction and billing. so i need help to limit customer for 30days in mikrotik if it is possible please give solution .for billing i.e for user expiry for 30 days

Thaks in Advance

Regards
Hari