Community discussions

MikroTik App

Babek
just joined
Topic Author

MPLS TE tunnels

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello
Can anybody help with my problem. I have two links one is capable of about 50 Mbit and another one abount 70 mbit. Only one is working because I can't balance traffic. This is ospf network everything bacbone and a eoip tunnel connecting to my ISP. Tried on a desk TE tunnel, mpls but no success. Can anybody help to split the traffic . Ospf /full duplex it not an issue because this links are Full duplex radio-links and it doesn't help get more than 70 mbit. But it is important to have redundancy.

Other way - can anyone give an example of TE tunnels on this links ? and put for example some IP addresses via TE tunnel1 and other by another one ?

Pawel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

netrat

Re: MPLS TE tunnels

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Your best bet would be to setup two VPLS tunnels, one over the 70mbit link and the other over the 50mbit, and then use interface bonding. I don't believe mikrotik's implentation of TE tunnels supports load balancing.

Babek
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I read this info on page 20 and 22 - ( slide 20, 22) and it's from mikrotik so I dream of something like this but I'm not able to configure it.
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/CZ09/MPLS.pdf

Should i do the tunnels on the same area ? with the same costs ? or split area1 and area2. And tunnels between loopback ospf interfaces ? or turn ospf off and make just a vpls tunnels ?

how the bonding works on radio links with ping jitter about 10 ms ?

mramos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi ...

Parallel question about bonding.

Assume that at central office I have 2 or more public static IPs, lets say using a RB450G or something similar to bond this interfaces.

At the remote office a 433UAH with 2 x 3G modems (ppp) connected to public network.

Can I create some kind of tunnel, virtual Eth over those ppp connections ... and bond them at remote office to increase overall upload traffic?

Regards;

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

MPLS TE tunnels

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:12 am

As long as you could create 2 eoip between networks, you can do bonding to increate the troughtput