Community discussions

MikroTik App

denver1706
just joined
Topic Author

[HELP] VPLS Multpoint - OSPF/MPLS Network

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:55 am

Hello,
I have in my structure implementing OSPF / MPLS, VPLS would like to create a Multipoint.
In fact like any protocol for autonomous "simulate" a layer 2 network. VPLS in my MikroTik (5.7 RouterOS L5 RB450) created a VPLS point-to-point however would like to have this VPLS several other points, for my client in question has 20 points.

Can you help me with this?
I would not have to create a VPN, because it requires a server and if it falls away with the whole system autonomy.

denver1706
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [HELP] VPLS Multpoint - OSPF/MPLS Network

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Pointing out things more clearly:

Is there a way to link more than two points (multipoint) using VPLS without adding an interface for each tunnel?

I mean, for example, as the way I'm doing now, to link 3 routers using VPLS (for layer 2 purposes) I need to add 2 vpls interfaces on each node.

For this example, adding 2 interfaces on each node will not be a problem (total of 6), but in bigger configurations (link 20 or more points) do I really need to add one interface for each tunnel? That would be crazy :shock:

Thanks again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: [HELP] VPLS Multpoint - OSPF/MPLS Network

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 am

To avoid manual configuration of each link, set up BGP based VPLS.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:BGP_based_VPLS