Community discussions

MikroTik App

jakubj
just joined
Topic Author

MLPPP Bridge ? Extend public ip, possible or not ?

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Everyone I'm new to the community but have worked with MT for sometime. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this setup or even if its possible.

Setup:
4 DSL bonded with MT RB750G when the PPPoE session is created the MT gets the public IP from the ISP. This has been working great for years :) we are looking to get an advanced UTM/Security appliance and the device doesn't support MLPPP so I was wondering if there's a way to tunnel or bridge/extend the public IP from the MT to the UTM/Security appliance ?

Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Jakub

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MLPPP Bridge ? Extend public ip, possible or not ?

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Everyone I'm new to the community but have worked with MT for sometime. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this setup or even if its possible.

Setup:
4 DSL bonded with MT RB750G when the PPPoE session is created the MT gets the public IP from the ISP. This has been working great for years :) we are looking to get an advanced UTM/Security appliance and the device doesn't support MLPPP so I was wondering if there's a way to tunnel or bridge/extend the public IP from the MT to the UTM/Security appliance ?

Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Jakub
I don't think you can have the public IP on both the MT and the UTM, but you can do this so all incoming traffic goes directly to the UTM:
/ip firewall nat add chain=dstnat in-interface=pppoe_dsl_connection action=dst-nat to-addresses=192.168.0.109