Community discussions

MikroTik App

craig
just joined
Topic Author

OSPF disappearing default route in RouterOS v4/v5

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 am

I've got a very weird situation that has come up lately. Wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've got two connections out to the Internet that enter my network in two different locations. We run BGP on both connections via Cisco edge routers at each location. The upstreams are sending us a default route, which I am redistributing from the Cisco into OSPF.

Now here's the weird part: If I lose BGP for connection A, every RouterOS V4 or V5 box in my network loses its default route completely. They don't install the route from connection B in their routing table, even though the have an LSA for it in 'routing ospf lsa print'. In contrast, all my V3 or V2.9 (yes, I still have some of those) routers install the new default route in the routing table, and work flawlessly. In order to get these V4 and V5 routers to pick up the default, all I have to do is make a change to OSPF somewhere on the network. I can make that change anywhere on the network. It doesn't have to be on one of the V4 or V5 routers. Any simple change in OSPF will suddenly make all of these routers pick up the new default.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Craig

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:41 am

Search the forums, there's other threads for this.

craig
just joined
Topic Author

Re: OSPF disappearing default route in RouterOS v4/v5

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:51 am

Okay, are there any threads that have a solution? If so, I can't seem to find them. Can you point me to one? Speculation in the threads that I've seen is that this is a bug. If so, it's a bug that's been there for an very *long* time. Seems odd that something like this would go unfixed for so long.

Craig

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:48 am

I haven't seen any threads with a solution, just threads reporting the bug.

Open up an official case with support to get traction on it. Either everyone has it wrong and it's not a bug and support will set you straight, or it is a bug and every report with debug output helps fix it.

Ascii

Re: OSPF disappearing default route in RouterOS v4/v5

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 am