Community discussions

MikroTik App

krakenant
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Bridged Network Breaking

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Long story short, we have an x86 hotspot controller on 5.14. The physical network is a flat layer 2 network with no VLANs, running across VDSL modems to switches. We had about ~200 user facing MikroTik RB751U units running user traffic back to the controller across EOIP tunnels with the EOIP tunnels bridge together and the hotspot running on the bridge. With this setup we had no issues.

We had to nearly triple the number of APs, so now we have about ~500 user facing APs running EOIP tunnels back.

Somewhere along the way, the bridge hosts list started showing the correct tunnel's local mac on the tunnel interface, plus another tunnel's local MAC address on the first tunnels interface. It looks like this:
Bridge MAC Address Interface
L HS_BRIDGE 02:86:41:AB:6E:7E 20375_EOIP
L HS_BRIDGE 02:AC:8C:1D:F8:AF 20375_EOIP

I have replaced the controller
I have tried static MAC addresses for the EOIP tunnels on both sides of the tunnel
I have tried VPLS tunnels with static MAC addresses
I have tried taking the ones that duplicate and putting them on a different bridge on the same device

None of this fixed it. It is affecting our end users, I just don't know where to go from here. The config is incredibly long, but if someone thinks it might help, I can send it to someone.

Any thoughts on where to start next?