Community discussions

MikroTik App

dmcken
Topic Author

OSPF on an interface with two ip addresses

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 am

Some quick testing seems to indicate that the routeros platform can't deal with an OSPF interface with multiple ip addresses on it.

This is somewhat normal given that cisco does not allow you to OSPF peer over anything but the primary ip address of an interface.

What I want is to be able to peer using a set of public ips to the router on the other side of the wireless link and use a set of private ips to manage the link itself. Does anyone know a workaround (preferably one that does not involve creating multiple interfaces)?

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: OSPF on an interface with two ip addresses

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 am

this works fine, i have interface that have multiple ips on them, and it works fine... whats the issue, it just wont fully establish?

Sam

dmcken
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Yes, the OSPF peering is between a cisco and a RB1100AH running 5.14 (I hope to run a test today between two 450s running the same software version to confirm).

The Mikrotik shows the neighbour but no routes are in either the OSPF tables or the normal routing tables.

The cisco does not show the Mikrotik as connected.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 pm

are you using a loopback interface with a /32 ip on it and thats the routerid ?

dmcken
Topic Author

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Well ran through some more testing and thus far I can't recreate the issue. I just decided to renable the ips on the interfaces for the production router and it is working fine, most I have that might give some insight into the issue is a supout I took before starting to debug what was going on. Tried with both RB450 and 1100AH (original issue was with a 1100AH).

Yes, I do have a loopback with a /32 on it (Was preparing the RADIUS setup when I came across this issue so needed it anyway).

The only other information I can provide is that I had the double ip setup multiplied by two as this particular location has the same setup to two different pops for redundancy.

Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time... :(