MikroTik App

NickOlsen
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Level 3 BGP communities.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Greetings all.

We recently turned up peering with Level 3 here in Florida.

In interest of traffic engineering. We'd like to use some of Level 3's available BGP Communities.

For instance. They have 65001:0 which advertises normally to customers, And prepends 3356 once to peers.

However, when I attempt to append/set this community on our outbound routes (Which we do with other peers, So I'm familiar with how to do it) it says "Error In - AS:number Expected!"

It seems to only accepted something other then zero after the :

Which in this case, Doesn't help.

So, My question is. Is there another way of setting these communities or is this something that might be fixed/changed in a future release of ROS. Were running 5.14 at the moment.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Level 3 BGP communities.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 am

yeah ive ran into this before as well, i cant remember if i got it to work on the CLI or not. It would be nice to have this feature working.

NickOlsen
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:35 pm

yeah ive ran into this before as well, i cant remember if i got it to work on the CLI or not. It would be nice to have this feature working.
Ah. Your a genius! I hadn't even thought of using the CLI (It was a long day yesterday..) That worked great. So, it's just a winbox issue.

Thanks for your help!

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:41 am

This is a winbox bug, you can add community with zeroes from terminal without problems.