Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi guys,

who is using MT MPLS in a productive network? Tell me :D

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Who is using MT MPLS in production

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 pm

united states sugar company has a large network, if you want, here is a video case study http://www.tiktube.com/video/HKgD3hDqen ... tGlnoKDKn=

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Who is using MT MPLS in production

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

We are also using it in production for a mid-sized company. I couldn't be happier with it.

complete2006
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am

Thank you. I think CCR will go forward so I will try it with 10 nodes in the backbone.

@Normis: Nice picture. You're looking much more friendly than before ... :D :D

adairw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm

I use mpls/vpls in my wisp network and love it. All mikrotik routers of course.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

united states sugar company has a large network, if you want, here is a video case study http://www.tiktube.com/video/HKgD3hDqen ... tGlnoKDKn=
<rant>
Do people not know how to shut up while attending a presentation anymore? I cannot deal with this video for all the crowd chit chat in the audio foreground. Every MUM video I have seen is like this. I feel sorry for the gentleman giving the presentation. I had to give up watching this video after 5 minutes.
</rant>

At least HD makes the projection screen readable. A pure slideshow would still be more useful than the video.

adairw
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 pm

It would be awesome if they would get an audio feed straight in to the camera instead of just using the built in mic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 pm

<rant>
Do people not know how to shut up while attending a presentation anymore? I cannot deal with this video for all the crowd chit chat in the audio foreground. Every MUM video I have seen is like this. I feel sorry for the gentleman giving the presentation. I had to give up watching this video after 5 minutes.
</rant>
I Agree. Everyone continuing to talk while he was giving his presentation is disrespectful, not only to the presenter but to the attendees who actually want to hear what he has to say. This is one of the worst examples of this sort of behavior I have seen.

This chap flew thousands of kilimeters, most likely at his own cost to share his knowledge and experiences, the least people could do is keep quiet and let him give his presentation.

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:26 pm

The live feed from MUMs always has useless audio. I wonder if it is deliberate to encourage physical attendance - it seems hard to imagine that Mikrotik can't figure how to split the presenter microphone audio two ways.... :lol:

As regards MPLS - we have used it in customer production networks and inter-worked it with other platforms with good experience.

complete2006
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 am

I agree with you. A better way is to present the presentation with direct audio of the mic. As it is it is useless ...

houssam
just joined

Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Perfectly working on 60 Base stations. with 120 VPLS tunnels to the pppoe aggregator.

dleo

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking on changed my bridged network to MPLS and PPPoE, anyone had a diagram of your network with MPLS deployment that you want shared, please.

Greetings.

complete2006
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:38 pm

I have three CCR here in the lab and I am not sure if I am a hero enough to run them as MPLS nodes in production. Customers will not forgive outages ... :? :?

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:02 am

I have put MPLS in production on multiple service provider networks both WISP and traditional Fiber/Copper wireline providers. It works very well as a CE/PE router and can even act as a core router in smaller provider networks that don't need bandwidth beyond 20 - 40 Gbps or so (which would be about 4 high end MT routers in parallel).

You can deploy as all Mikrotik (less common) or do a hybrid of MikroTiks and Cisco 7600s/6500s or other large L3 switches for aggregation and distribution.

The only downside to using MikroTik is throughput - otherwise it's as capable as any of the other large vendors.