Community discussions

MikroTik App

marcof
just joined
Topic Author

Bind VPLS to sepcific TE tunnel

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi community and support,

I read in a forum thread from 2008 that there is only one way to bind a VPLS to a specificy TE tunnel by using different loopback ip adresses for different vpls tunnels and then set from / to address of specific TE tunnel to that addresses. this is get quite confusing with a lot of tunnels and consumes a lot of ip space (public adresses in my case).

Is there now another way to bind a vpls to a te tunnel?

Thanks for any hint
Marco

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bind VPLS to sepcific TE tunnel

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

VPLS iz bound to TE tunnel if VPLS destination address matches TE remote address.

You don't need multiple loopback addresses unless you have multiple VPLS tunnels from/to the same routers.

marcof
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm

VPLS iz bound to TE tunnel if VPLS destination address matches TE remote address.

You don't need multiple loopback addresses unless you have multiple VPLS tunnels from/to the same routers.
that's excactly what I need: 2 routers connected over 3 links (eth5<->eth5,eth6<->eth6,eth7<->eth7). I need one tunnel primary over eth5 link, one tunnel primary over eth6/eth7 link. if all links fail all tunnel should share remaining links.

so I need 2 TE paths and 2 TE tunnels and specify vpls1 go over te1 and vpls over te2. how can i do that?
I tried with a /32 per router per vpls but vpls does not come up. I can ping all /32 ips from both routers and mpls forwarding table shows all /32s. only vpls interface come up where the local / remote ip is the same as transport address in global LDP setting. any hint on that?

thank you alot.
Marco

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Here is an example with two links but not using TE
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... S_extended

marcof
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Here is an example with two links but not using TE
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... S_extended
Thanks for that. But I guess this does not work for me. I have 2 customers (1 vpls each) over this 2 routers / 3 links. I need to priorize one customer vpls over one line and other customer vpls over other link. any ideas how to do that?

wirelessguy86
just joined

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Were you able to figure out how to specify what VPLS tunnel would go down what TE tunnel?