Community discussions

MikroTik App

papage
just joined
Topic Author

ipv6 dhcp pd and interface enumeration on RouterOS 5.20

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I have managed to setup on routerOS 5.20 (RB751U) IPv6 prefix delegation through a PPPoE interface. The prefix i get, is automatically stored as ipv6-pool "pdprefix".

My problem is that i can't really use the pool the way i want. What i want, is to assign a /64 of the "pdprefix" prefix to a LAN interface on the router with autoconfiguration enabled.

I would also like to enumerate (like cisco does) my LAN interfaces with "pdprefix". for example, if "pdprefix" is a /60 prefix, then i have available 16 (4bits) /64 networks, that i want to assign (delegate) them to each of my LAN interfaces, with a specific order.

Is there a way i can do that?

I've tried to:
/ipv6 address add advertise=yes disabled=no eui-64=yes interface=ether2-master-local from-pool="pdprefix" ...
but it doesn't work. error msg: "failure: address or pool should be specified"

Any ideas?

Thanx
Sp

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: ipv6 dhcp pd and interface enumeration on RouterOS 5.20

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:39 pm

You need to specify the address part which will be added to the prefix:

eg
 /ipv6 address add advertise=yes disabled=no interface=ether2-master-local from-pool="pdprefix"  address=::1

Nick.

papage
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am

Hi nickshore,

Thanx for your answer. I tried your solution but i couldn't make it to work. The command produces the error "input does not match any value of from-pool" ( The pool contains the prefix ).

When i tried to do the same via winbox (I used '::1/64' at the address field), it didn't use the prefix from the pool, even though i had assigned it.

One other thing i tried with winbox, was to set the address filed with '::/64' and the from pool with 'pdprefix' and checked eui-64 and then winbox created a command that assigns a static address to the interface (based on the prefix from pool in the eui-64 format). But it was a static address. If the prefix changes (PPPoE disconnect/connect), the interface address won't change.

Thanx,
sp

papage
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:03 am

hi all,

BTW, I'm looking for the equivalent of the following Cisco commands:

interface Vlan1
ipv6 address schpfx ::/64 eui-64

interface Dialer1