Community discussions

MikroTik App

israferna
just joined
Topic Author

TE_tunnel+VPLS

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi all,

I manage a network that contains several routers. This routers are interconected using MPLS, OSPF and TE_tunnels. At the Lan side of each router there are a subnet where final clients are authenticated using PPPoE. This PPPoE server is defined over a VPLs interface that is connected with the AP where the customers connects via wifi.
This picture shows (aprox.) how the network is. That is only for an AP, but I have around 45 on each router.
Red_actual.jpeg
I want to control the bandwidth between router (PPPoE Server and vpls) and the AP (for customers i use queue tree) and i thougth that TE_tunnels was great but the traffic pass througth VPLS, not TE. I 've followed manuals on wiki but it fails.
I don't know if this is posible, but i think that my network would be like this.
REd_TE.jpeg
If i follow the manual on the wiki and i monitor the vpls interface , this is the output:

local-label: 75
remote-status: 
transport: te_tunnel
transport-nexthop: 192.168.26.1
imposed-labels: 1108
If someone could help me, i'll be happy.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: TE_tunnel+VPLS

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

Monitor output shows that VPLS is using TE tunnel as transport

israferna
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Thank you for your answer.
The point is that i want that the traffic that is going through VPLS interface has to go through te_tunnel.
I leave here a screen capture where you can see what i mean.
VPLS-TE_edit.jpeg
As I said in my last post i don´t know if this what i want is posible or i need other different config.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eflanery

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 pm

The TE tunnel itself needs to be thought of as separate from the 'interface' that appears to represent it. That 'interface' is just one way of getting traffic onto the actual tunnel.

It's a bit annoying, as it would be nice to see the traffic accounted for on the TE tunnel 'interface'; but traffic that is 'automagically' forwarded onto TE tunnels does not show up on the 'interface', only traffic that is actually forwarded to the 'interface' (static route, or what-not) shows up.

The 'automagic' traffic does make use of the tunnel itself, including limitations, it's just the 'interface' that doesn't get used.

--Eric

israferna
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks for your help.
I left that behind. I 'll try it by other way. At least, it clarified my mind.