Community discussions

MikroTik App

hjf
Topic Author

OSPFv3 over GRE

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am

Is it possible? I noticed ROS doesn't assign link-local addresses to GRE, and it doesn't find point to point or NBMA neighbors with manually configured addresses either (the interfaces appear as Inactive in OSPFv3).

I have an IPSec+GRE VPN up and I'd like to forward IPv6 over it with OSPFv3 setting things up for me.

afink

Re: OSPFv3 over GRE

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:18 am

Is it possible? I noticed ROS doesn't assign link-local addresses to GRE, and it doesn't find point to point or NBMA neighbors with manually configured addresses either (the interfaces appear as Inactive in OSPFv3).

I have an IPSec+GRE VPN up and I'd like to forward IPv6 over it with OSPFv3 setting things up for me.
I run into the same problem. OSPFv3 over GRE6 doesn't work for me in 6.7 or 6.8rc1.
When using NBMA or Broadcast, both sides believe they are the designated router.
When using Point to Point or default, one side sees a neighbor, the other doesnt believe he has a neighbor.

Temporary Workaround: use eoip6 (or maybe eoip or ipip. have not tried these).

This only is an issue for IPv6 traffic over GRE6 (and maybe GRE) but not for IPv4 or OSPF (without v3).

Bugreport sent.