Community discussions

MikroTik App

itdepexpert
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik DHCP server on Cisco Switches

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:57 am

Dear Friends,

I am going to use MiktoTik RB450G as a router between LAN and WAN. But for some reason such as QOS, Management and so on I have to create some VLAN on Cisco 2960 and connect 2960 to Miktorik.
I do not know how I can define DHCP pools for different VLAN and assigne their range to the specifi VLAN on RB450G. I attached a network diagram for better understanding.

Thanks for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik DHCP server on Cisco Switches

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

The VLAN support on RouterOS is virtual VLAN interfaces, so you simply create your various IP Pools, Network entries and apply a DHCP Server and IP address to the VLAN interfaces just as you would for an Ethernet interface.

itdepexpert
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 am

thanks for your answer, but is it necessary to use DHCP relay like DHCP helper address?
the big problem is command of Mikrotik which is really complicated and different in comparison with others !

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 pm

You do not need to use DHCP relay - just use a DHCP server on each VLAN interface.

Discus

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 pm

You only need DHCP relay if you're wanting to use an external (to the router) DHCP server.

With Mikrotik, define your pool(s), put a DHCP server instance on each VLAN interface and assign pools and other details to it.

In your case, you want 10 pools, one for each /24.

Create 10 VLAN interfaces (with the relevant VLAN tag) on port 2 in your diagram. Assign the gateway IP address for each subnet to each VLAN interface. (i.e. .1 or .254 as per your preference). Assign one DHCP server to each one with the right pool etc.

I assume you've worked out the NAT/Masquerade and IP addressing for port 1 on your Mikrotik?

Discus

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Incidentally, if you want the equivalent of a "native" VLAN, don't put any tag on the Mikrotik port, just assign the relevant IP for that "native" subnet to the relevant Ethernet port (and make it "native" on the Cisco).