MikroTik App

kishordesarda
just joined
Topic Author

BGP uneven link load balancing for 3 Service Providers

Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Hello,

I am using Mikrotik on x86.

I am having three ISPs at my core router.

ISP1- 155 MBPS
ISP2- 100 MBPS
ISP3- 60 MBPS

and two IP pools as below

x.x.x.x/22
y.y.y.y/24

I did BGP with all three ISPs and trying to load balance according to article posted by MTK WIKI.

But despite of putting Routing>>Filters link are not getting utilized, means my ISP1- 155MBPS link never crosses 100MBPS mark.

Whereas my customers are not getting speed at their end even if bandwidth is available at my core router.

How do i configure this so that every link will be utilized and customers will get speed.

mjperry82
just joined

Re: BGP uneven link load balancing for 3 Service Providers

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 pm

As far as I know, what you are wanting to do is not possible. With BGP you can choose which connection traffic uses to leave your network, but not which connection traffic uses to reach your network(internet router will forward any packet bound for one of your addresses in the direction that will go through the fewest numbers of Autonomous Systems, AS). The way I would handle this is to advertise your /22 out ISP 1 and ISP 2 and to advertise your /24 out ISP 1 and ISP 3.

kishordesarda
just joined
Topic Author

Re: BGP uneven link load balancing for 3 Service Providers

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Actually I have created /26 pool from /24 and assigned it to my NASes and from those nas I have given ips to my broadband customers.

So possibly if I do what you suggest then I still won't handle. And by th way I read many article where load balancing is done with bgp.

There must be some way to do it.