Community discussions

MikroTik App

rbrownitt2013
just joined
Topic Author

Port forwarding/redirection

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am

Hello,

I am new to the RouterOS, My make is the RB750 and the OS version is 5.22.

I am trying to get a networkable touch screen that has remote control access to work. The touch screen by default is set up to use port 80 via web access. when I set up the port forwarding in the RB I was able to get it working just fine from a internal and external network. The problem is, I have multiple machines that will have these touch screens at the same time and I will need to access them all as well. So my thought was to do a port redirect to a private port. I configured the touch screen to listen on port 55125, then I set up the RB like so. IP/Firewall/NAT/Genral, add new Chain = dstnat, Protocol = 6 (tcp), Scr. Port = 80 Dst. Port = 55125, In. Interface = ether1-gateway.
Firewallnat.PNG
Then IP/Firewall/NAT/Action, Action = dst-nat, To address = 192.168.88.17 ( the touch screen is set as a static address), To Ports: = 55125.
Firewallnat-action.PNG
With it set up this way I can access the touch screen just fine on my internal Network but when I try to access it from my house I get a time out saying cannot access ect (public ISP ip address xx.xx.xx.xx:55125), but on the internal network if I do 192.168.88.17:55125 it will let me log in to it. If i enter the IP just as 192.168.88.17 or 192.168.88.17:80 it will time out.

My questions is, have i taken a completely wrong approach on setting ip up or am I just missing something?
Thank you for any help provided
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ape
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Port forwarding/redirection

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi,

I see no need to change the listening port of your touch screen, because the NAT rule can also do port redirection.

I assume following things in your setup:

All touch screens listening on port 80.
WAN connection is NATed.

So, you have to configure a NAT rule:

On tab "General"

Chain: dstnat
Protovol: tcp
Dst. Port: the port on WAN side to use e.g. 1080

On tab "Action"

Action: dst-nat
To Address: 192.168.88.17
To Ports: 80

In fact you're mapping a WAN port to a pair of local IP:port.

So if you're using multiple touch screens you will have to configure a NAT rule for each touch screen with different WAN port.

If you're using a firewall too, make sure so setup the appropriate forwarding rule(s) to accept the incoming connection!

I hope this helps.

Ape