Community discussions

MikroTik App

SoundGuyFYI
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Routing Public Ip's

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:34 am

I would like to have my network failover in the case of a wireless failure or a fiber failure.

I have a MikroTik Router at the tree location and fiber at 1 and 3. I can announce all of my public IP's over both fibers.

I would like to have router 2 route its traffic to router 1 and fail over to 2 in the case of a wireless failure or fiber failure

I would like either 1 or 2 to fail over to the other in the case of a fiber failure.

What would be the best routing protocol to achieve the goal? And what are some good resources to help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Routing Public Ip's

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:01 pm

If you are only running three routers and are already running BGP to announce your IPs at each fiber connection you would probably be as well to stick with BGP internally.

SoundGuyFYI
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Routing Public Ip's

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:03 pm

That is what I think I will be moving towards. Does anyone have any good suggestions as far as resources I can use to help me set it up weather that be literature or videos? I have read all that I can find on mikrotiks site but It does not seem to help in my specific situation.