MikroTik App

draguzet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

PPTP dynamic OSPF to Broadcast mode ?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi !

I have some locations that connect to central VPN over PPTP, all working but on some locations PPTP link are set to point-to-point on OSPF, and on some location on "broadcast" to default ?
How to force all to Broadcast automaticaly ?

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: PPTP dynamic OSPF to Broadcast mode ?

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:18 am

I wouldn't recommend broadcast on wireless and VPN links as you would get lots of state changes. However, you can change network type under /routing ospf interface. If you see a "D" infront of the desired interface that means you cannot change network type because the OSPF interface was created dynamicaly. To change the dynamic interface to static, simply create a new interface and select the same physical interface that was used to create a dynamic OSPF interface. Now you can manually select the network type. In winbox you can simply copy the dynamic interface and save it. This will override the dynamic OSPF interface with a new static OSPF interface, which can be edited.

Hope it makes sense.

draguzet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: PPTP dynamic OSPF to Broadcast mode ?

Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:19 pm

I know how to "forse" OSPF mode with "copy" of dynamically created inteface, but question is why some router make dinamically PPTP interface to "broadcast mode", and some to "point to point" ?