Community discussions

MikroTik App

TinkerTinker
just joined
Topic Author

MPLS Question using TE Tunnels for QoS

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi

I am trying to deploy a MPLS network which allow me forward traffic from one PC to another PC using traffic engineering. Mi goal is shown in the attached image.

The thing is I would like limit the bandwidth of the path for different flows. For example, if I have 1 Mbps available in my link, I would like set for VOIP traffic a TE tunnel of 300kbps, for Best Effort traffic a TE tunnel 500kbps and leave 200kbps always empty.

I am already bridging both IP networks to vpls tunnel, and vpls interface is running onto TE tunnel. This works well when only 1 tunnel is running and there is no traffic classes. I can limit the traffic to 300kbps. However I am stucked because I dont know how to create another TE tunnel using the same path and how to separate traffic and forward it in the suituable tunnel when is entering by a bridged interface.

Should I use bridging or there is another easier alternative? Transparent bridging is not necessary really, I am using it because I am following this Mikrotik Tutorial http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... using_MPLS

Any Idea or suggestion??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.