Community discussions

MikroTik App

cicserver
Topic Author

Metarouter/ASTERIS IAX2 Trunking One-Way Voice Issue

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:13 am

I am looking for help on Asterisk IAX2 Trunking one-way voice issue.

I am using free pbx v1.4 in linux server and install Asterisk v1.8.11.1 mikrotik meta-router. now when using IAX2 trunk mode getting one-way audio. But working fine with sip/ without IAX2 trunking.

On other hand, we have installed asterisk in one of our linux server for test and test with trunk mode and working fine. so only issue when are using with meta-route. Please, need help ASAP :)

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Metarouter/ASTERIS IAX2 Trunking One-Way Voice Issue

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Hmm, I'm going to guess that the number of Asterisk-inside-of-MetaROUTER users is rather small at this point, and the percentage of those users who are actually using IAX2 even smaller. So it is doubtful that you are going to find anybody in this forum who has both experienced this and managed to come up with the solution to the problem. And there are all sorts of reasons why it might be broken for you: it could be that IAX2 is just plain broken in this build of Asterisk for whatever reason, or it could be your fault/a misconfiguration on your part that you haven't spotted, either on the Asterisk side of things OR with the way you have networking in the RouterOS host configured (maybe you are doing some NAT between the MetaROUTER and your FreePBX server?).

So if you want this problem fixed, you are going to have to shoulder some of the responsibility for helping to track it down by doing trail-and-error testing within your environment. I know you said that you tried another "Linux server" with IAX2 trunking to your FreePBX server, but you didn't say how you had it configured, or even what version of Asterisk you installed on it. So here's an idea: install the EXACT same version of Asterisk (1.8.11.1) on a Linux server, give that server the EXACT same IP address that you gave the MetaROUTER, have that Linux server routed by the RouterOS router in the EXACT same way that the MetaROUTER was, and use the EXACT same Asterisk configuration that you used on the MetaROUTER. Try your IAX2 trunk again to your FreePBX/Asterisk 1.4 server and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you know that the fault is not with the MetaROUTER.

For further help, you will probably have to post complete copies of your Asterisk iax2.conf (from both the FreePBX server and from the MetaROUTER) and dialplan, plus a complete export of the RouterOS host configuration.

Also, I haven't used IAX2 a whole lot myself, but I seem to recall that in order to work properly in trunk mode, it needs a timing source. Are you using my Asterisk MetaROUTER image, or are you using liquidcz's OpenWRT MetaROUTER image with the Asterisk packages installed? My image comes with DAHDI built-in, which provides a timing source for IAX2, but other images would require you to install DAHDI separately. So if you don't have DAHDI installed, that would probably explain your problem.

-- Nathan

Aliraza47
just joined

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 pm

I'm having the same problem with MetaRouter. Using an openwrt image, when I do a "reboot" it sometimes causes the entire router to reboot itself due to the watchdog timer. This is on a RB951Ui-2HnD.????

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 am

What the heck is with all of these spam bots that register for an account and then their first post is some random, drive-by copy-and-paste job from somebody else's old post in another thread?

-- Nathan