Community discussions

MikroTik App

gyrovague
just joined
Topic Author

pre-built OpenWRT image links mentioned in wiki don't exist anymore

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:23 am

The MikroTik metarouter wiki manual page contains the following text:
Starting from v3.24 and v4.0beta3 MetaROUTER has the ability to import custom built images. As an example we will show how to patch and use OpenWRT as the virtual machine.

Importing image
If you don't have any specific needs, you can import our prebuilt OpenWRT image, which is downloadable MIPS image, PPC image. Upload openwrt image to the router and import it by import-image command:
The two links mentioned there, i.e. MIPS image and PPC image don't actually work anymore. I'm not sure where else to report this other than here, so somebody should probably fix that wiki page.

More importantly for me, where can I now get an official OpenWRT pre-built MIPS image for metarouter? (I want to try getting VPN connectivity going to a Cisco ASA, which requires the vpnc package seemingly)

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: pre-built OpenWRT image links mentioned in wiki don't exist anymore

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:11 am

look through this thread regarding newer builds/patches for newer OpenWRT, one that was available on the wiki is very old.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32187

p.s. these links wors again, but my suggestion would be to use newer OpenWRT image available from the thread.

gyrovague
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks! Looks like the most recent addition on that thread is this post: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 86#p414386

So, circa March 2014… sound right?

gyrovague
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 pm

That worked really well, got vpnc working too!