Community discussions

MikroTik App

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Missing disk (space)!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:16 pm

RB/433AH running v3.22, loaded a couple Metarouters just to see how it worked, then deleted them. now I have no free space left on the disk, and I can't load a new package. Tried rebooting, doesn't change anything. Email'd support, never heard back.
[admin@Brian-CT] /system resource> pr              
                   uptime: 2w50m24s
                  version: "3.22"
              free-memory: 108016kB
             total-memory: 127440kB
                      cpu: "MIPS 24K V7.4"
                cpu-count: 1
            cpu-frequency: 680MHz
                 cpu-load: 3
           free-hdd-space: 5124kB
          total-hdd-space: 61440kB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 1675223
         write-sect-total: 26854530
               bad-blocks: 1
        architecture-name: "mipsbe"
               board-name: "RB433"
[admin@Brian-CT] /system resource> /file print     
 # NAME              TYPE             SIZE                 CREATION-TIME       
 0 MikroTik-09042... backup           394930               apr/09/2009 21:39:47
[admin@Brian-CT] /system resource> 

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Missing disk (space)!

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:59 am

We haven't received any reports from you to support@mikrotik.com about MetaRouter and files.

What are the exact steps to reproduce the particular issue ?
Do you have Dude installed on host or guest ?

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 pm

We haven't received any reports from you to support@mikrotik.com about MetaRouter and files.
Ticket# 2009052166000482, it was sent from a different email account than you're used to seeing from me.

Dude 3.3 is installed but the package is disabled, it was only used for some breif testing, and was never enabled while a meta router was setup. Is this a known compatibility problem, should I uninstall it?

EDIT: I did receive one reply to the ticket suggesting it may be webproxy cache logs, but that's never been used on this router, and I never received a follow up after I replied saying as much.

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm

uninstalled dude package and it's fine now... very odd.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am

Dude stores some information, even when package is disabled.

Heihachi07
just joined

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 am

I have ROS 3.25 installed. I'm trying to add xen-package but without success.
File (xen-3.24.npk) was uploaded on the ROS-pc. I can see it in "Files", making reboot of the system, but nothing happens.

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest cisco ccna study guide and best quality ccna 200-120 network simulator download and passguide. We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with 300-101 and selftestengine.
Last edited by Heihachi07 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Dear all!
I have ROS 3.25 installed. I'm trying to add xen-package but without success.
File (xen-3.24.npk) was uploaded on the ROS-pc. I can see it in "Files", making reboot of the system, but nothing happens.
Heihachi07,

It probably would have been better for you to start a new thread about your question rather than drag up this 4.5-year-old post, since the original post here has no relation to your question.

First, RouterOS 3-point-anything is ancient, and nobody here is going to support you in your use of it. If you really want to use a version of RouterOS that old, then you are going to be on your own. Newer versions of RouterOS for x86 don't even use Xen for virtualization; they use KVM. Xen support was dropped and switched out for KVM a long time ago.

Second, a quick hint, if you really must use RouterOS 3 and Xen: the NPK file that you upload to install on a RouterOS router *MUST* match the version number of RouterOS that you are trying to install it on. You say you are running 3.25, but you are trying to install a Xen package made for 3.24. That will not work!

Finally, regarding the original subject of this thread, it is an interesting coincidence that this post came up to the top since recently I have discovered a bug in MetaROUTER where sometimes, if the storage space that a MetaROUTER is taking up on a RouterBoard is large and there are many files, deleting a MetaROUTER will sometimes not delete all of the files, and it leaves some behind. I think it is timing out or something, and the deletion process gets killed. I am planning on writing up the steps to reproduce it and then will file it as a bug once this is done.

-- Nathan