Community discussions

MikroTik App

AndrewMT
just joined
Topic Author

RB1000 metarouter images

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi all,

after some search through Mikrotik forums and google I came to conclusion that there are no any metarouter guest OS images for RB1000 powerpc platform. Also I was unable to find any referrences how to build such image... As a happy admin of two newly aquired RB1000s I was quite surprised with such discovery. It looks to me that despite the fact that RB1000 is much prised for it's performance and most is capable to run guest OS images it is also most abandoned routerboard in line. Or I am missing something? My intent would be to run Debian PowerPC port as a guest OS.

Any plans to support non MT but other powerpc based guest OS'es? Any plans to write wiki how to make such images ourselves? Any other pointers?

Thank You very much,
-Andrius.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB1000 metarouter images

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 am

AndrewMT
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB1000 metarouter images

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, ok, I have read this already, but there are instructions how to install prebuilt MIPS openwrt package which obviously will not run on POWERPC architecture. I downloaded openwrt source tree and mikrotik patch, but this patch is also for MIPS. Besides that I don't know anything about PPC CPU installed on RB1000 to adapt that mikrotik patch for PPC. Any further pointers?