Community discussions

MikroTik App

lejmr
just joined
Topic Author

KVM linux guest

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi,
i would like to bring back this thread http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33570. Where one asked where can download prepared linux images for KVM in RouterOS.

I am running RouterOS v4.4 with KVM installed as a guest. I would like to run Debian where I need some services like FreeRadius. Of course I have CPU which allows full virtualization :) But I have got a problem with creating of this guest.
First I uploaded iso file with debian installer, created instance of virtual machine using kvm then I created interface which I assigned to this virtual machine and I put this interface into bridge with ethernet interface which is connected into local network.
The KVM instance seems to be running, but I dont know how to get to the console where the installation happening.. I also tried to set up vnc-server variable, but I am afraid I missed something because it didn't work.

This problem could be solved with pre-created images, but on wiki is no link or anything which could help me...

So I would like to ask how would you solve this problem?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: KVM linux guest

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 am

there are no preconfigured images, because you can easily install one yourself. Also, if you set up VNC, you should set up ip address of your router, not your virtual machine.